Instructors: The latest version of Apple’s Safari web browser returns "failed to submit assignment" errors when students submit work to eCampus. Until the issue is resolved, please advise your students to use Firefox or Google Chrome for online coursework.
PROVE IT's YOU:
FACULTY: You’ll soon be required to use two-factor authentication to prove your identity when logging into secure systems. Download the free Duo Mobile smart phone app from your app store, then activate your account by visiting login.wvu.edu, clicking “My Login” and following the steps. If you don’t have a smart phone, contact your supervisor or ITS about hardware alternatives. twofactor.wvu.edu.
STUDENTS: Some instructors don’t allow phones in class. Before enrolling, make sure they know what you’re doing _ and wait until the last day of classes if necessary.
Summer 2018 course shells are now available in eCampus. Instructors will have access to courses, but students will not be able to access them until three days prior to the start date as set in STAR.
Also, remember that you no longer need to submit copy content through the eCampus Request System (eRS).
Faculty should continue to use the eRS system for:
- Requesting content from a different instructor's course. The instructor or department chair who owns the content will need to send approval by email to eCampus. The eRS request will not be completed until we receive that approval.
- Requesting a new Development Shell
- Requesting a new Collaborate Session outside of eCampus
- Enrolling a Teaching Assistant (TA) in your course
- Enrolling a student making up an incomplete as an Auditor in your course
The following maintenance is regularly scheduled for every Sunday:
12:00AM to 8:00AM – System Down for Backups – NO ACCESS
8:00AM to 12:00PM – System Maintenance – Access Might Be Denied*
*During system maintenance courses may become accessible for short periods of time. However, regular access will not be guaranteed in any eCampus Institution until after noon on Sundays unless otherwise posted.
Welcome to the Blackboard e-Education platform—designed to enable educational innovations everywhere by connecting people and technology.